Monday, 25 September 2006

happ'nings up North

Over the last month I've been up and down to Durham a couple of times, I went up for a visit and then up to work sorting registration forms for a week (not exactly the most mentally stimulating job but we made some games out of it and didn't go crazy.) While up there I stayed at our house with Annika. Unfortunately Bob the gardener hasn't been around for a while so our garden is a bit of a wilderness and it was in this wilderness Annika got stuck whilst reaching for the biggest blackberries.


The fun thing about our garden is right now it is in full bloom. It is abounding in homegrown goodness so I got to do lots of baking with the apples, pears, blackberries and rhubarb. There is also a herb and vegetable patch we raided when cooking. The house is a work in progress, I have moved a few bits and bobs up but as of yet Naomi and Helen haven't. It'll be nice when we have the place organised and set up with pictures on the wall and everything how we want it...maybe if there is a day, after we've all moved in, when it's all set and decorated and it happens to be tidy then I will make a little movie and give a tour but for now a couple of pics will have to suffice.


No comments: