My week away

Well the whirlwind trip has come to the end and I am home getting some serious sleeping caught up on today while Andy sails the seas for a weekend (hopefully also catching up on some sleep)
I had such a wonderful week and it just came at the perfect time...such a blessing! I flew in and wes just so excited I couldn't sleep on the flight hardly. Andy met me at the airport with a bouquet of sunflowers and we drove out to Summerland. Despite being tired that evening was so fun, we caught the end of the rehersal dinner party at his parents house so it was a great oppurtunity for me to meet people and Andy had brought a huge box of Penguins (ping-wings???) from Costco so had everybody doing Tim Tam Slams with those and hotchocolate which was VERY funny.
The morning was a fun time hanging out at the house with Andy's immediate family. I was so excited to see them all again, especially his nieces and nephew. The wedding was in the afternoon, Andy's cousin Steve married Veronica on a dock in summerland and it was so gorgeous, everything was beautiful from the weather and setting to all the intricate details and ofcourse the bride. Vayda and Tessa were flower girls and couldn't have been cuter. Here are a few pictures from this day.
This is Andy's family,
Steve and Veronica
the bridesmaids


Andy and Vayda


The next day was an early start and Andy and I drove back to Vancouver then caught the float plane to Thetis (after a stop at Krispy Kreme) The next five days were full. All new students to meet and so many people to spend time with. I spent a couple of days on Kuper Island 'researching' for a module I am doing this year at university so that was interesting, i learnt to make native drums, drum, speak so Haluquinum. The rest of my time was spent visiting with friends there.
I got to spend time with Andy and that is always so wonderful, we have so much fun together and even when I'm tired and cranky he's so good to me. I'm never happier than when I'm with him, there is no where I would rather be.
4 comments:
HI! Thanks for the post on my blog. It WAS a great time. You must have been exhausted. I was and I didnt even have to travel! I love your pictures. Aliah started a blog and will send you the link. Take Care-
Amie these are such beautiful pictures. You and Andy look so wonderfully happy together. And getting married right by all that beautiful scenery.... wow!
See you soon chikin.
Kat
Hello georgous girl!
You are very very blessed! These are beautiful pictures, and a wonderful account of your time away. I'd love to hear more about what you learnt on Kuper sometime too. I'm so glad you had time with Andy. Are you ready to plunge back into Uni? We can commiserate together when the work load becomes overwhelming. Oh yeah..I am already just about at that point. Love you lots! xxxxx
Great pictures - you are so beautiful! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time. The time on Kuper sounds interesting - what kind of course was that for? Take Care.
Post a Comment