32 weeks

Every Saturday morning Andy and I wake up to our weekly update on our baby. We subscribed to 'Babycentre.ca' back when we were about 3 weeks pregnant so 29 weeks later it's become quite the habit to read through it on a Saturday morning. We both read it together then I proceed through the week to click on every link in the e-mail to read EVERY article as I impatiently wait for the next Saturday to come to find out what's new.
It tells us the length of the baby, what's developed this week, what is common to experience etc. It's really interesting. After the e-mail that said it could detect light now we started shining a flash light on my tummy and feeling it move in response. It's generally been pretty spot on with what I'm feeling. It's become pretty normal for me to say I'm experiencing something on a Thursday or Friday (i.e. the baby feels higher today or I am feeling more tired or hungry) then on the Saturday our weekly update contains an explaination of why I might be feeling such and such at that time which not only puts my mind at rest that everything is unfolding just as it should but also encourages me that our child is for sure going to be advanced for it's age...I mean it's always a couple of days ahead of the average foetus :-)
This is what is happening this week........... (quoting www.babycentre.ca)
Your baby now weighs approximately 3.75 pounds/ 1.7 kilograms and is about 17 inches / 42 centimetres long from head to toe. Although his lungs won't be fully developed until just before birth, your little one is inhaling amniotic fluid to exercise his lungs and practise breathing.
You're probably gaining a pound/ 450 grams a week, largely because your baby is likely to gain more than half his birthweight during the seven weeks before delivery. Make sure you are eating well in these last few weeks.
It' a really interesting website!!! I highly reccommend
1 comment:
very exciting times. I wont check the website though because it will just make me want another baby even more :) Sorry we had to postpone the trip.
Post a Comment