Introducing Isabelle Grace
Isabelle made a big entrance into the world on Sunday. It took us all by suprise, around 10am I commented to Andy and my Mum I was feeling funny, as we timed these feelings we realised they were 3 minutes apart and 45 seconds long so we walked down to our dock and around 10:25 went for a little speed boat ride to Chemainus where our car was, we drove to the hospital, arrived around 11.15 or so. They hooked me up to a bunch of machines to measure the contractions and I was sure enough in labour, about 4 cm dilated. 2 hours later I was ONLY 4-5cm (and those 2 hours had been painfull) so thinking I was in for the long haul (you have to be 10am to start pushing) I asked for some pain medication, as they were about to give it to me my waters broke and that did it, I called the nurse back and said 'I know I'm only 5 cm but my body is pushing it out) she checked and said "yep, there's the head, get the Dr." 13 minutes of pushing and our baby girl was born at 3:16 on September 28th. We brought her home Tuesday morning.
Miss Issi is just perfect, she has such engaging and responsive eyes and LOVES to cuddle, we are just having so much fun with her!!! Here are some pictures of our beautiful baby girl.
6 comments:
oh my goodness amie!!! you're wonder woman!!! your labor story is incredible...and take it from a labor nurse!! good job girl!! and good job on the little one too...she's beautiful. love the name. ah. i'm so excited for you. congrats!!! love you!! thinking of you lots and lots!!
chelsea rae
FANTASTIC!! Welcome Isabelle!
- David
Wow! I just love the photos you keep posting and sending. Have I told you how happy we are for you guys? I think she looks alot like her mama! I have some things to send for her but Ed has to go back to vancouver and we may go too and pop in for a bit to say hi and meet her in person and bring them. I will keep you posted though. We werent planning on a trip but since Ed will be so clsoe anyway we will try. We know you need to relax and get to know your new little one so we wouldnt stay long but maybe just a hi!
Take Care you guys.... Love you.
Amie and Andy!!! Welcome to little Isabelle Grace! What a beautifuly perfect baby God has given you. She is just gorgeous and the entire Myers gang is so happy for you. And what a beautiful name too. I can NOT wait till next summer!
I didn't realize just how tiny she is until I saw this pic of Andy bathing her.
What a little doll!!
And your labour...such a blessing. I'm still so over the moon for you!!!!!!!!!
Hannah
PS: Please kiss baby spice for me :)
She is gorgeous and amazing, so so happy for you. she is so cute! so glad your labour went ok and everything worked out ok. Enjoy your gorgeous baby! Love you XXXXX
Post a Comment