Wednesday, 25 January 2006

My first house

Well, after days of (excessively organized) chaos I think we are about ready to sign on the dotted line for our very first house.....It's exciting!!! It's that time of year when students go crazy finding a house for next year. Naomi, Annika, Helen and I are going to share. Over the last few days every minute has been filled with searching for houses, phoning houses, viewing houses, talking about houses, thinking about houses, talking some more about houses. Yesterday I started the day at 6am with a long run around all the areas and houses we were going to consider....Then the 'marathon' began. We spent the day looking round so many houses some were very small and dingy, others were large and dingy, lots and lots were VERY expensive, some were stylish, others were cute, some near some far (you get the picture) We also spent a ton of time talking with not only the landlords (some were large some were small some were flash, some were scruffy, some were a little Dodgy, most were nice) but we also talked with the current tenant when the landlords weren't around in order to get the DL.

We had viewings booked back to back through the day but the one we like we did not have booked for that day at all. It was really cool how we got to see it, providence we like to think. It's a long story involving a guy forgetting his keys, a guy being late and two guys with a Jesus loves you Frisbee. We liked it a lot. It's a bit of a trek out of town but not too bad, nice area, it's such a nice house. It has a brand new, beautifully fitted big kitchen, nice new bathroom, the whole thing is decorated really nicely. It even has a big garden and comes with a gardener called Bob who (apparently) gives you rhubarb!!!! When I walked into the hall way I liked it because the hall walls are a really soft, cool shade of purple just like the F.R.I.E.N.D.S apartment and it has a nice dining table in it, it's very cool. So tonight we are meeting Jill (the owner) in Brown Sugar (a cool coffee shop/wine bar in town) to go over paperwork and things...We'll see. So far it has just been a gift to see how everything is working out, we are trusting God will continue to work things out and make the way clear regarding this house or (if not) where ever he would have us be next year. I'll keep you posted! I will throw some pics in once (and if) it's all signed and sealed.

3 comments:

Kristine Brown said...

Fantastic!! Congratulations and enjoy His goodness!!

Poetsch Family said...

That is so exciting. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Amie said...

Oh so tonight we did meet Jill (landlady) and she is just so wonderfull. She is a senior tutor (vice principal) at the University and her husband is a lecturer. She treated us all and we really enjoyed spending time with her. She was so generous, caring and fun. We had heard great reports from the current tenants but it was really good to meet her, we like her a lot and really trust her. It's such a blessing!