Spot the obsessive compulsive bride
Andy will testify that my eyes are able to identify even the slightest different hue when it comes to shades of ivory. People will probably look at our invitations and think, 'hm, nice shade of white card' (actually, who am I kidding they probably won't even think that) and will never know all the different shades of 'ivory' card Andy brought me as I sat on the floor of the paper mill shop, dress swatches in hand, until we found a shade of card that was the exact right shade. Now really, I know these things don't matter THAT much, at the end of the day, is anyone EVER going to hold up the inside of our invitations to my wedding dress and say "wow Amie, you really matched that well!" No!!!!! I know the two specimens of ivory, most likely will never even be in the same room together. I know these things are just details, but I have to say, I get such a buzz from finding these perfect things, little details that no one will ever notice, co ordinated just really gets me excited. When I found out this week that the three kinds of flowers we have chosen for our wedding, all mean 'love' I thought that was really cool. Again, no one else would probably know that and think 'nice touch'. I think it just makes me feel like I'm really on top of this whole wedding planning thing if I even know stuff like that. Today we bought the necklaces for the adult bridesmaids and one for me to try with my dress and see if it works. I saw them and loved them and then when I looked closely I saw that they had the same, funky kind of chain as the necklaces we chose for the candlelighters. Things like that bring me a lot of satisfaction.
The only concern really is that I spend too much time co-ordinating the silly things no one will ever notice and I totally mess up on things that actually matter.......boring stuff like visa's.
4 comments:
I am sure everything is going to be perfect. We are so looking forward to it. We can't wait to meet your family and to share this day with you guys. We booked our flights this week and also the first two nights accomodation. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont get too stressd out with all the organizing/coordinating (unless you are thoroughly enjoying it!). Everything will beautiful no matter what you two do, whether your flowers are perfect or not or your invitations coordinate exactly. It will be perfect because the both of you will be there beginning your lives together.
We have some of our itineray worked out. We have had such a trial getting passports organized so we are definately behind everyone as far as booking but we arent too worried. We know it will all work out and we are ready to come celebrate and meet your family.
I totally get your wanting to get things perfectly coordinated and things, it does make you feel that little bit extra "ooo look it all matches" i can't explain but I think i know how you feel and i dont think you're neurotic if its any consolation! It's going to be the best day of your life on earth so go for it and make it perfect, (even if half of it is just in your mind!).And I'll make sure that I notice the exact matching of your dress to the invitations...!
Love you
XXXX
Hello Amie! I tried ringing the other day but you were out so I had a nice chat with Auntie Helen instead! Now tonight I'm writing an essay and fancied a bit of distraction so thought i'd look your blog up again! Great reading re all the wedding stuff! Would be great to catch up and maybe come down and see you sometime. Revision is okay but guess what my entire Uni career finishes in a week and a half and your big cousin goes out into the world! Get in touch! Mim xx
Post a Comment