Thursday, 10 May 2007

wedding update

Well things are continuing to come together, some invitations are even finished now which is exciting...well 10 are finished, 110 to go but they are all fairly close to the finish mark.

On Saturday i go up to Capernwray Hall to confirm some wedding details, they have been so wonderful and helpful to us, we can't thank them enough!

Tonight I went with Mum and Dad for a meal and to hear our Jazz band play (yeah we have a jazz band) Tuesday night we heard the string quartet. Both are so wonderful and great, they are really nice and take my breath away with their talent, i can't wait to enjoy them at the wedding.

Dallas confirmed she can come to our wedding this week so now I know all my bridesmaids have flights and stuff and can be there. Andy and I are both so touched by how many people are willing to travel and put themselves out so far to be a part of our wedding, we're so excited!

I have been in contact with a really helpful lady at a nursery this week who has been great, she's called Mary and I am excited that we can order our flowers at wholesale price through them, imported from the auctions in Holland. I am looking forward to working with some of the ladies at Capernwray Hall to do the flower arrangments.

Other than that lots of little things, ordering fabrics, books, palnning different decorations and touches, mailing bridesmaid dresses all over the world so the sizes can be checked and stuff like that.

I arranged this week to drop down to a 4 day week at work starting the week after next. I will work longer days so it will work out around the same hours a month but will have some more time to get stuff done, especially legal stuff, visa and bank stuff which can only really be done on weekdays. I am really thankful to have a boss who is so accomodating.

Today I enlisted the help of my 2 and 3 year olds to help design the wedding cake. They liked red and picked a few red cakes, I gently moved them away from the red colour scheme. I didn't introduce them to ivory, they've only just learnt white so we'll save that for a bit. If they have their say it will be either the 8 teir tower, the bright pink one with hearts or the fairy castle with the fodant prince and princess. I was going to send the wedding cake book to Andy to look at but when it was time for me to leave work today the kids wouldn't let me take it, they wanted to look at the cakes and sweets somemore. Hopefully tomorrow I can pry it away from them.

3 comments:

K said...

wow.
It sounds like everything is coming together for you. We have our itinerary done of where we are going while over there. Thank you so much for the great links of places to go. It is a small world- a guy who works for Ed is from England and as they were talking today, he mentioned he is from Capernwray over there! Pretty coincidental.

I will email back again about a few things.

have a good night-

Bethybu said...

Hi there Amie! Congrats!!

Ok, we have had the same best friend, our dads work for the same organisation, and we went to the same bible school, and both did english lit at uni.

Now you are getting married at the same place, to a man with the same nationality, with the same bridesmaid!!!! (and I also had a jazz band!)

This is too bizzare! we simply have to meet someday!

Ps- I am happily married three years on- so I pray hat the 'sameness' will continue for you in that respect!!

Unknown said...

I replied on my page x