Tuesday, 27 February 2007

Satinelle ICE

Epilating: an alternative to shaving using a little thing (epilator) that looks like an electric razor but works by spinning round, plucking each hair out from the root THUS reducing hair regroth until there is none.

Over the last couple of years I have heard about epilating from time to time and ALWAYS heard of it in conjunction with pain. Anyone I have heard talk about it talks about it as if it is the worst pain ever. The idea of hair removal that lasted weeks and eventually resulted in no more shaving legs EVER sounded very appealing to me but the pain kind of worried me. I needed a new razor so started looking at all the boxes of epilators and asking the sales lady some questions. The sales lady said she got one and it hurt so much it has sat in her cupboard for 2 years unused (hardly the best sales pitch) As I was looking and old friend walked by and we got to talking and I asked her. She said she had bought one a couple of years ago then taken it back because she's heard how much it hurt but recently bought one again and said IT HURT but it was ok, no worse than waxing. There was one recomended, IT COMES WITH AN ICEPACK!!!!!!!!! This concerned me because I thought an ice pack means it HAS to be really painful. The ice pack kind of clips onto it to freeze and numb skin as you move it up the leg thus reducing pain. The one I got (Phillips Satinelle Ice) promised a 'Less pain guarentee" which meant if it hurt I had 90days to get a refund and never have to see the thing again.

Tonight I tried it. I braced my self. I prepared. I followed all the recomendations, I had a bath first, I did it before bed, I froze the ice pack for 2 weeks (it says 4 hours on the box but I figured 2 weeks would make it extra pain free) my legs were clean, no lotion, I plugged it in (actually first I forgot and turned it on without plugging it in...then I remembered to get the plug out the box) I was prepared. I moved the spinning pinchers towards my sensitive skin and EPILATED. Then I stopped and looked for the instructions because it didn't hurt. I figured I was doing it wrong because I KNOW this is supposed to hurt. I was doing it right. I have now fully epilated both my legs and the conclusion of this post is.....EPILATING DOESN"T HURT AT ALL WITH THE SATINELLE ICE. I don't know what people make such a fuss about!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think I would be brave enought to try any other areas apart from legs BUT I would definitly recomend this!!!!!!!

( If any of you right now are thinking maybe I have a high pain threshold.......ask my family, I don't!!!)

3 comments:

Poetsch Family said...

I have never even heard of that thing before. Let us know how long before your hair start growing in. I will have to check the drug store to see if they carry it here in CAnada. Good for you for trying it. I have talked about waxing my legs for years now, and I have never tried cause I am too scared. Eventhough I had two babies.

I am so glad you and Andy had such a great time together. Are you going to be coming to Canada this summer? We will for have to get together. Even if we can meet in the middle somewhere.

Beth said...

I can not believe you tried that! Your brother bought me one of those the first, first christmas we got married, I tried it on one small patch of leg and screamed in agony.....he called me a baby so we did an even smaller part of his leg........I think he may have cried! It was never used again!!!!!!

Let us know how doing the bikini area goes! What I want to complain about is when I go to the palour to get my legs waxed how come I have to pay the same as someone as tall as you! And why does a thin person have to pay the same for a sea-weed wrap as a larger lady when the amount of seaweed used is obviously different!

Anyway I won't believe it didn't hurt and I'm going to persume you where "DRINKING" again!!!!!!!! (but we love you anyway)

Joff said...

Thank you for my birthday present....I'll bring it back up to Manchester next time!