More about the most amazing suprise EVER
Well, on Feb 13th I arrived home from work and the phone rang. I went to pick it up and (as ever) was excited it was Andy. We talked as I wandered up the stairs and lay on my bed. Andy had told me he was away with Scott for a few days so I was suprised he called. I heard a cough in the background that sounded like a girl "who are you with?" I asked him, "Just Scott!" he replied "Wow, Scott really coughs like a girl!!!" I laughed "Yeah I know" so then I joke around saying "Andy if I didn't know better....." so he asked "If you didn't know better what?" "If I didn't know better I would think you were with a girl" "I am with a girl!!!" he replied as he walked in my room!!!!!!! I did at least a tripple take (mouth hung open) then hugged him, then looked to check, then hugged him, then looked to check (and did this a few more times. One of the first things I remember saying was "Nice jacket, is this your new one?" and he laughed and rolled his eyes. It took me a few minutes to get around to even asking how long he was staying...he was staying just over a week, this is what we did with the time.......
The next day was Valentines day, I probably got about 3 hours sleep because I was so excited so I was in his room opening presents pretty early. I had to go to work but that was fine and my wonderful boss gave me the whole rest of the time he was here off!!!!!!!! I celebrated my birthday with the kids and got to have a proper kids birthday party, it was so much fun, I don't know anyone who gets a real proper kids birthday party when they are 22!!!!!!!
I came home from work to soak in a bubble bath while Andy cooked up an amazing dinner. He had been out shopping while I'd been at work and getting dinner ready. The conservatory was lit with fairy lights and candles and there was a cool glass jar filled with dutch heart candies in the centre of the table. Andy made Buffalo Mozzerella and cherry tomatoes with a red wine reduction for starter. For main course it was chicken cooked in elderflower withe new potatoes with the centre cored and stuffed with pancetta and camembert and asparagus. For desert and apple danish/cobbler/flan thing which was delicious.
I didn't get a whole lot of sleep the next night because again I was so excited. I woke up to piles of great presents for my birthday which was so much fun, I couldn't have felt more spoilt. Andy and I went out to lunch a a french restaurant and went to a movie. That evening we went over to my Brother Marks house and celebrated my birthday with them. My Mum made pavlova, lemon meringue and birthday cake (all my faves) and we played cranium and had lots of fun.
Andy was actually ill most the time he was here to the next day we hung out at home, watched movies and rested.
Saturday we took my neices Beth (16) and Evie (6) to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and got unlimited ride writbands. It was so much fun and we laughed lots and lots. Beth Andy and I all got to ride 'The Big One' (the biggest rollercoaster in Europe) and Evie got to ride her fave ride (The Tunnel of Love) THREE times. While Beth and I were on a big ride, Andy treated Eve not only to candy floss but a chocolate apple. At the end we went on Valhella and got thouroughly SOAKED even with ponchos on.
On Sunday we went down to mid Wales to see my brother Nigel and his family. We hung out at their beautifull home and went up to the castle.
We had a Chinese feast and then played Monopoly WHICH I WON BY A MILE!!!!!!!! So that was lots of fun......did I mention I won
The next day my Dad arrived home from America. Andy and I drove down to Cheshire Oaks (Europes biggest outlet village) and did a spot of shopping. It was on our way to Wales to visit my Brother Adam and his family. They live down in Sommerset but were taking their youth group on holiday for a week so we went and crashed the youth retreat for the evening. We had some fun with some pipecleaners...It was so much fun and really great to spend time with them. Although my heart pretty much broke when Emi was so sad to say good bye.
Tuesday was our last day and we took things ease. We spent a few hours down town and went out for a nice meal
6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had so much fun together. Nice to see all of those pictures. What did he end up buying you for your birthday?
Well that sounds like a good discription of what we did, and What did I buy her for her birthday... all she wanted was me so I went out and bought me for her!!! Ok I guess I bought her a MEC puffy vest as well!
We really loved seeing you both...the photos look so amazing...how cute are my nieces! Glad you had some time with each other!
What a great post. It is always great to be kept up to date with what is going on. Dont you love blogs?
It sounds so great!! I can imagine that you where shocked to see him! Hope you two will see eachother soon again!
Ames! I've been checking back to this blog waiting for an account of Andy's stay, glad its finally here I loved reading it, georgous photos and sounds like a most wonderful week together, I can't believe your boss gave you the time off work, what a blessing!
Um...I miss you.
Post a Comment