Wednesday, 6 December 2006

100 things

ok here's my one hundred

1. I like making lists because they help me stress less
2. I don't make Lists often enough
3. I don't think this list will have an effect on my stress levels
4. I have curly brown hair and I like it
5. Sometimes I like to change it by straightening and stuff
6. at one point I had highlighted it so much it was nearly blonde
7. I was born and grew up in Salford
8. I went to a private school for 2 years
9. I went to bible school for 2 years in Canada
10. I loved bible school and learnt a lot
11. I didn't realise how much I was learning at the time
12. when I was at bible school I thought I knew more than I think I do now
13. I met Andy At Capernwray
14. I was 15
15. I had a bit of a crush on him when I was 15
16. I didn't admit I liked him till I was 20 (even to myself)
17. Hannah always tried to get me to say it
18. Now I will tell anyone I love him
19. I became an auntie when I was 8
20. I still remember that day really clearly
21. My niece just turned 13 this week
22. I have 9 nieces and nephews and love being an auntie
23. I have 3 brothers
24. I was the baby of my family
25. and the only girl
26. I was a typical little girl
27. I always thought my dolls had feeling and didn't like to upset them by showing favorites
28. I got a pet dog for my 6th birthday
29, he was called Barney and was great
30. I cried a lot when he died, he was 12
31. I have a dog called Oliver
32. I used to have a rabbit called Bramble-Willow
33. and a bunch of goldfish
34, I won my first goldfish, sparky, at the first fair I went to
35. I have been to Disney Land 3 times
36. I want to go lots more
37. I love anything with a bit of 'magic' in it like Christmas and Disney land
38. maybe that's part of what I love about being with kids so much
39. I love Chinese take-away
40. Lemon Meringue pie is the most fought over food in my family
41. I don't know why because Mum's pavlova is better than her lemon meringue
42. my Nana made the best pavlova
43. I miss my Nana a lot sometimes
44. I would love for her to have met Andy because she would have loved him
45. I never met my Grandma because she died before I was born
46. I am named after her
47. I miss a lot of people a lot
48. All my best friends are far away from me
49. I am so thankful for my friends
50. I love romantic comedies
51, I like things I am comfortable with
52. I will watch the same movie a crazy amount of times
53. I will have the same meal a few days in a row and then change
54. This week I have had pita and houmous most days for lunch
55. I like skinny vanilla latte's
56. I like having coffee with friends (or my Mum or Andy) and talking for ages and drinking it slowly
57. I like art
58. Growing up I always had art projects on the go
59. Most of them were at the expense of my bedroom
60. The paint stains on my bed room carpet are a permanent reminder
61. One of my favourite things to do is go shopping with my Mum
62. Even if we don't buy anything
63. I play saxophone
64. I had a lot of piano lessons and did grades
65. I don't remember much about piano now
66. When I was 9 I started 'save the rainforest club' at school
67. ever since then I have wanted to go to the Congo
68. I want to go to China
69. I want to go to Africa
70. I want to go to New York in the winter time
71. and Paris
72. and Rome
73. I want to always be able to come home for my Mum's Sunday dinner
74. My hair is up today because I was working
75. I am much happier when my hair is down
76. on a day off you can often tell how I am feeling by how my hair is, if it's up I'm tired or busy.
77. My first album was Now94, it was a cassette tape
78. My favourite band was Eternal
79. for my 11 birthday I went to their concert
80. I am not close with any of my best friends from childhood
81. I regret that because I have the best memories with them
82. Janine still lives next door but one
83. I grew up on a street where there were always people to play out with
84. I liked playing house
85. I'm excited to one day put all that playing into practice with my own house
86. my brothers rarely bought me girly presents, their gifts were remote control batmobiles, postman pat bedding, orange denim jacket, red boots, cars etc.
87. my Mum bought me more than enough girlie things
88. I enjoy my job
89. I can handle nappies (diapers) and blood but I can't do sick, I heave, baby spit up is fine but sick I can't go near or I start to throw up.
90. It is 10 days till Andy comes I can't wait
91. I am excited to take him to Durham and show him lots but I wish my friends would be there
92. I can't wait for my family to be here around Christmas
93. I love to bake
94. I love to dance
95. I always wanted to be 16 and 23
96. I would like to be 2 inches shorter
97. I learnt Dutch last year but wish I'd worked harder at it
98. I love to read my bible then write in my journal
99. I need to take time to do it more
100. I get to open the 6th door on my advent calendar today

Does it say something about me that I found writing this about me so easy I want to make it 200???????

6 comments:

K said...

I just did my list also! I havent read yours yet- must go read an will be back to comment-

K said...

we seem to have some things in common- besides the being 2 inches shorter bit. I usually wear my hair up and I dont like it down, so we are opposite there. Anyways, it was neat learning about you. say hi to Andy from us. Glad he is coming there soon. have a great time

Anonymous said...

That was nice to learn a few more things about you. I am so happy for you that Andy is coming next week, I know he is so happy and excited to see you. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

hi auntie Amie it's nice to know more about you and read how your doing!
i do remember the time you dyed your hair almost blond it was really funny.
I will keep writing comments and see u on the weekend
MEGAN

K said...

Hi again- loved your message. The book IM reading is "Life and Death in the Valley" by Rev. Arnett. It deals mostly with Port Alberni, but references Kuper also. I'd love to know what other books are out there. I will try to find your e-mail again-

Anonymous said...

i was going to ask you how your dutch was coming...since that whole "silent naked, holy naked" incident. lol. missing you!

chelsea