Wednesday, 6 December 2006

Love actually

I really like this film and it's on T.V. tonight, ever since seeing it it makes me think about being at an airport differently (because of the ending)


The first time I saw it was a few years ago and I wasn't a big fan. The first time I saw it we had rented it and I was watching it with my parents and I think it was just one of those embarrassing movie/parent things that put me off. When the porn story came on we fast forwarded it, now if you have seen the movie you will know that in context, with the conversation that is happening, that part is actually really sweet and funny BUT if (like us) you make the mistake of fast forwarding those parts you get no sound from the conversation and just the scene in fast motion ..... It just makes things awkward when you're sat with parents, especially my parents.

SINCE then though I have re watched the movie and really like it, I love the prime minister story, the Colin Firth story, the boy who's Mum's died story, actually most the stories really and it is such an all star cast.

It's not the cleanest movie as most British movies aren't but there is something (non-traditionally) Christmas about it and something very British about it and it reminds me of my (much missed) Durham friends.
(Disclaimer: movie is R rated (18) ..... in other words, I like it but maybe it wouldn't be the cup of tea of everyone who reads this blog)

No comments: