Wednesday, 6 December 2006

"amie, amie, tis your fave-it song"

When the Dean Martin Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer song came on the C.D. today one little girl at work yells "Amie, Amie, tis your fave-it song" That's because, I have been teaching this one and jingle bells to the kids this week and have had them on the carpet singing it many many times because each time I finish they yell "Again, again" For the first few times this was annoying because I was singing it alone and they weren't joining in but now they are getting the hang of it (kinda) and that makes it more fun (and more noisey) I have made up actions and stuff for it which helps and done the extra words with them. If you could hear them try and say "Like pinocchio" and "Like monopoly" you would have a hard time carrying on singing because you would probably be laughing as hard as I do.

Ok so for all you who are now feeling deprived and thinking "oh I wish I was two and had Amie to teach me songs" don't cry, it's ok, it's ok, you can learn it too...it's very very easy!!! Here goes...

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Reindeer)
Tap your nose
Had a very shiny nose (like a light bulb)
And if you ever saw it (saw it)
make 'glasses' with your hands
you would even say it glows (IT GLOWS!!!! yelled very loudly with arms in air)
All of the other reindeers (reindeers)
used to laugh and call him names (like pinocchio)
make a long nose
They never let poor Rudolph (Rudolph)
join in any reindeer games (like monopoly)
Then one foggy Christmas Eve
Santa came to say (Ho Ho Ho)
hands on belly for a deep Santa laugh
Rudolph with your nose so bright
tap nose
Won't you drive my Sleigh tonight
wag finger
Then all the reindeer loved him (loved him)
hug self
And they shouted out with glee (YIPEEEEEEEE!!!)
yelled with arms in air
Rudolph the red nose reindeer (reindeer)
You'll go down in history

jazz hands

The problem with wagging the finger action is one little girl associates that with being told off so when she sings that bit she puts her very cross face on as if she is telling Rudolph off and says "You don't ride my sleigh tonight" instead of "won't you drive my sleigh tonight."

No comments: