some very exciting news
this is really exciting so read on.....
Virgin Bride (yes our bridal shop is called virgin bride) have been trying to get me. I came home from work last night to a few missed calls and my Dad saying it was urgent I called them, BUT by the time I got home they were closed. Now 'URGENT' isn't really a word you want to hear associated with anything to do with your wedding dress, and not one that Anna or Jenny (the WONDERFUL assistants who have served me there and been so amazing going FAR above and beyond) would use lightly. They were supposed to call me yesterday anyway to tell me if they thought the sashes for the bridesmaid dresses could be made out of the silk we ordered for Andy's cravat and stuff (it's the same silk as the detail on my dress (........I point this out now because even though I notice these details about my wedding...the chances are not many other people will) So I made a note in my to-do list to call them today.
When I came home on dinner there were a whole load more missed calls from them which seemed weird, so I called them back AND.......
You'll never guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!
We won the big prize draw!!!!!!! When you buy a dress they enter you in the prize draw and WE WON. We won a 5, 000 pound honeymoon...... well we won 5, 000 to spend on Virgin holidays over the next 2 years. This is amazing because they travel everywhere!!!!! 
We could travel first class to the carribean and go diving round ship wrecks and coral reefs and bathe in the clear waters, lay on our own private sandy beach, right next to our beach front cottage with private hot tub and everything... OR we could go on safari in Africa,
tour south America, go to the Rainforest,
go on a super luxury cruise anywhere in the world...and those are only the possibilities I saw after looking on their site for 10 minutes. The thing is...
a) we have limited holiday time available
b) all their holidays originate in the U.K and if we are in England I am really going to be wanting to spend that time in England with my family
so we will think and pray about it but we might take the cash alternative, which is less than 5, 000 but still very wonderful.
Wow, we are so excited and thankful for this blessing. The girls at Virgin Bride have been so happy we won and dying to tell me, apparently they have all wanted to tell me but Anna got to because she is the one who has looked after me as far as my dress goes (Jenny has been helping us with suits and stuff more) They had all been talking about how excited they knew I would be. Anna wasn't in when I called so they want me to call back on Thursday and then next Tuesday the "Big Boss" is coming up from London and I am going to take a longer lunch break from work so I can go down, meet the 'big people' in the 'virgin empire' I think they are doing a bit of a press thing and I'll get our prize.
I was so excited I was calling Andy at 4:30am trying to tell him, I don't think he could believe it, hopefully he does now because it's true!!!!!
We are so thankful for this blessing!
8 comments:
That is a blessing! That is so amazing. So happy for you. What a great feeling it must be to win something special at just the right time. Congratulations!
Our kids have been saving their allowances for a few weeks for the big trip and we told them whatever they save, we will add half of the amount as extra spending, so Aliah is planning on saving $100 (and we'd have to chip in $50) by then. Aidan is planning on saving $30, unless there is a good deal on Hotwheels cars at the store). We had to break it to them though how costly things can be in Europe, but they are thrilled nonetheless. And so are we.
You sound so incredibly efficient and organized. Im sure everything will be so beautiful.
Yeahhhhhh now I'm crying!(again I know this could be a wet wedding for me!) We're so thrilled for you both...Nidge and I have been praying about your "honeymoon" loads cause we really wanted you guys to have some where special to go.... (I know that sounds weird but sometimes all your resources go into planning the big day.....or setting up life together afterward and there's only that small gap in between when your married.....but not needing to be responsibly home building....I know your probably responsibly home building already but humour me I'm Irish)
God is really awesome! We'll probably blog about it this week but we set a budget for a family holiday...refused to go into debt and asked God to find us something.....we asked God for everything flights, car, place to stay, insurance...everything and refused to go over our budget no matter how good the package looked.......and He came through! We fly out at the beginning of May and He did it all with some to spare! Yeahhhhhhhhh!
Then reading your blog just really excited me because we started looking for something for you guys and God already had it sorted!!!! I so love it when He does that!
Big big hugs to you both! and I shall make every effort on the big day to look beyond the hankie and notice the matching silk! Love ya loads! Beth (and Co!)
That's cool! Halandrax
Wow Amie thats amazing!!! i love hearing about how everything is just coming together, its so amazing, and knowing that God is behind it all working it all out for you guys. So exciting!!!
XXX
I am so excited for you guys. That is so amazing, what ever you decide we are soooo happy for you.
By the way the dresses are absolutely beautiful. Vayda's fits so perfect, it is like the dress was made for her. Tessa's is a bit big, but we will take it to a dress shop to get it altered. The girls are so excited to wear the dresses, they don't want to take them off, and I am so nervous cause they are so beautiful.
Hi Amie and Andy
This is such great news. We are really exited for you guys.We are so greatfull to call you our daughter soon. Then we have 3 sons and 3 daughters. God Bless you both
Mom and Dad
Amie,
That is soooooo exciting!!! Have you set a permanent wedding date?
Luv,
Sam:)
From Cheryl and Alan Davies,
What fantastic news we are really happy for you both, well done Amie that's definately the best shopping story we have ever heard.
Post a Comment