Monday, 9 April 2007

A week with my fiancee


That's right, I have a fiancee and I am a fiancee and I'm going to be a wife, a wife with a wonderful husband who is amazing and who I love so much and am going to love more and more and more for the rest of my life, How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So it has been a week packed with celebrating and with lots of planning and decision making. We have go Soooooooo much done and have loved how amazingly everything has worked together, from venues to envelopes it's all been perfect.

I love the beautiful ring Andy chose and gave to me and I get to wear it forever. It sparkles and sparkles and makes me smile every time I see it.


Andy proposed at the begining of the week when we were up staying with our friends at Capernwray Hall. We went for a drive and a walk in Borwick around the church there.

He wispered to me "there's just one more thing to make this all perfect" then got down on one knee, he seemed a little nervous as he asked me but he asked me really beautifully and I couldn't stop smiling. I said yes (although not much sound came out) and then he says (I need your hand) and I say "It's here" (holding out my ring hand as I have been throughout) and he says "no your ring hand" "This is my ring hand" The ring fit perfectly and looks gorgeous and we enjoyed hanging out there and being engaged and calling my family at home from the middle of the fields. We then went back and celebrated that evening with The Thomas's.

this was taken when we got engaged by the camera timer.
Yesterday we had a celebration with the family here, a BBQ with lots of balloons, cards and champagne.

Andy and I popping the champagne in the conservatory (thankfully no windows smashed....almost)


We can't wait to be married.

13 comments:

Katita said...

... i just emailed you asking how it all happened before i thought of reading your blog... and now i know! congratulations. i love you!
xxx

Beth said...

Love you guys loads! We're really thrilled for you both! Espiecially Hally who'se so glad she "get's to keep her uncle Andy!"x

Caroline said...

Amie!! Oh, you must be so thrilled!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you and Andy! So, when and where is the big day?

K said...

Okay- so we have all been watching your blog over here!! Congratulations so much from all of us. We are happy to become family. You will have a busy time ahead of you, but remember now that you have 2 families that care about you.

your sister in law-

Kelly

Poetsch Family said...

We are so happy and excited for you guys. We can't wait to meet your family. We are so looking forward to it. You two are so special and we love you very much. Thanks for making my little brother so happy. The ring is so beautiful. Again we are so thrilled for you guys.
Love, John, Jolanda, Vayda and Tessa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys. Amie we look forward meeting your family Nice ring.
Talk to you soon
Mom and Dad

Christine said...

Congratulations! It all sounds like a fairy tale proposal!! (way to go Andy!) hehe... I'm so glad for both of you. And... the more cousins, the better in my opinion! When's the big day?!

Anonymous said...

Amie! Lovely girl, so happy for you! I've been wondering if this would come sooner than later. So exciting for the things ahead. I hope I can catch up with you sometime to hear details:)
Blessings to you both!
-christina

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Amie!! I am soooo happy for you!!! Each time i open up your blog there is always little bit of excitment inside waiting to read a blog saying you are engaged! I was so excited when i read it i yelled out to Edwin that you were engaged! May God richely bless you in planning your wedding and in this time of preparation until your wedding. May God continue His awesome work in both of you until you are made one in Christ. Marriage is so awesome and He will bless you both. I love you and i am just sooo excited about your news! Bless you.

Have you set a date?

~Heather Rijvers, your Mary Kate

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys! You'll be a Wouda!!!! Now you guys have to come to Holland soon! You're welcome in our house always!!

Greetings,

Ronald en Siebretta

Nicola said...

Hey Amie! Finally!!! LOL! Congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for you! I hope all else is well! God bless you both and all that follows in the rest of the preparation for your wedding!
Love Nic xxx

Anonymous said...

amie!!
o my goodness i am so happy for you two! i just got an e-mail from my auntie and she said to look at your blog and i kinda thought something like this may have happened. congradulations and i wish the best to you both :)

steph

Brad and Samantha said...

Amie... Oh my goodness.. i haven't checked blogs for a few days cause we had Brad's family at our house for Easter. Brad and I were just upstairs chatting and he was like oh you might want to check Amie's blog.. she's engaged! I ran downstairs with a huge smile on my face and here I am writing! Congratulations to you both. I am so happy you guys. I was just waiting to hear. It's funny remembering back to all those day's at Capes and you coming into the kitchen.. wanting to find Andy... hehe.. anyways I hope and pray that these next few months will go smoothly for you. I can already imagine your wedding being gorgeous.. you will be too. I'm hoping to see you in August. Brad, Heather and Edwin and I are all coming out Aug 5-10. You will be there right?
Love ya, and again Congrats!!! The ring is a good choice Andy.. It' classic looking and timeless!
Samantha:)