A Doll's House
Well the house is quiet once more which make me a little sad, I enjoy it so much when my brothers and their children are here, it always feels very, very quiet when they go. I sat down today and my dolls house caught my eye. My doll's house is well worn, it was when I got it. I remember being very little and my Mum buying brick patterned paper, tile patterened paper, wall papers etc. and giving the old second hand dolls ouse a bit of a makeover. I kept it nice (because that is just the kind of child I was) but after years of being played with and nine grandchildren the edges are looking a little shabby, the door is gone, some windows are broken and the stairs still don't really fit. Today though it looked a WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN IT HAS IN YEARS. I'm still not too sure who the interior decorator was, despite my inquiries. Someone set it up as a house again, it looks lived in!!! For years (since I was little) all the people and furniture have just kind of been thrown in there, I haven't seen it all set up since I used to do it when i was a little girl. 
So since this is my blog and a place to write about whatever I want...today I am writing about my doll's house, about the man on the scales, the girl on the toilet, the birthday cake on the kitchen table and the grown up's in bed while the children are downstairs watching TV.
1 comment:
I love it Amie, especially the way that the children are allowed to stay up later than the grown ups, and even bring their bikes inside the house! A week tomorrow I come to England, and I too will be able to see my old dolls house, safely waiting on my Grandma's farm.
Post a Comment