Sunday, 23 April 2006

A very superficial saga....Oh America!!!


I like make up and hair products but I don't like my hair to feel like it has any product on it and I definitly don't like my skin to feel like it has make up on, I don't really want it to obviously look like I do either which is why (as most my friends know) I am pretty fussy about what I buy. i really don't like the feel or look of foundation but some days you feel like you need a boost or when you're going out somewhere nice it's nice to have. For such occasions you can't beat Cliniques Gentle Light Reflecting Make Up. It's more like a moisturiser than foundation so it has 'barely there' coverage but evens the skin tone, has a luminous evect and refracts light to give you a glow (get me sounding like a makeup consultant) It's great! Now who wouldn't love such a product??????? AMERICAN'S THAT'S WHO!!!!!! This is Cliniques best selling product in the UK but apparently America doesn't buy so THEY DISCONTINUED IT. I was in Clinique yesterday and they told me. They said all the girls who work there use it but that head quarters in the good Old USA didn't take into account that it was one of there signiture products in Europe so scrapped it. Clinique has recieved so many complaints that it is coming back, just for the UK in August. I guess there is a happy ending to this very superficial saga afterall but many questions remain unanswered....
1-How could they just forget England like that????
2-Why am I taking the time to blog about this?
3-Why do American Clinique consumers like to look like they are wearing so much make up instead of taking the trendier, 'naturally' glowing approach to life?

1 comment:

April said...

I want to try some new makeup. Maybe when you come back we can go together to get some nice stuff for me?