A CU Weekend Away
The weekend at the Jonas centre went really well....we got there and were overwhelmed with the amount of food, we had bought more than enought and then both colleges (Grey and Mary's) had been super generous......the Lord blessed us with an abundance. I have to confess I spent most my time in the kitchen but on the whole really enjoyed that. We cooked up a storm and it was great, everyone in the kitchen worked hard and it was great. The teaching was on Solomon, looking at wisom, affirmation, prayer and perserverance.
In the afternoon a big group of us played Monopoly, we played in pairs because there were lots of us and Helen and I SERIOUSLY wiped the floor with the competition. All the hotels are ours on the board, we had purple, pink, brown, all the stations and the electric and water works as well as quite a lot of spare change. it was fun although in the end there was nothing more we can do so we started trying to give away money and turn our hotels into orphanages.
All in all it was a fun weekend in the countryside, very little sleep and lots to do but good and I enjoyed getting to know Grey's CU.
3 comments:
O yeah, seriously wiped the floor we rocked at Monopoly! And those others guys trying to steal our thunder and lightening, no way, dont know what they were on, probably denying pills or something, but we were amazing!! Woohoo!! XXX
Orphanages, Really will you play like that when we play! its been to long since I last played! but I think I can still beat you!!!
dont hedge your bets Andy, Amie is better than you think! Although she does have a slight weakness in that she likes giving money away to other random players (the aim of the game is to get everyone elses money, not give away ours, amie!!!)
Post a Comment