The Midsummer Ball
The theme of Mary's midsummer ball was 'The Orient Express.' Each room was a different station and it was all really well done and decorated. It was fun to explore. We were exhausted to start with after a weekend of next to no sleep. We ordered in pizza and got ready

As I was getting ready I realized my zipper had broke so I couldn't wear the dress I had wanted to, all was ok though...I had a back up.
So a little later than planned but looking more glamerous than our exhausted bodies felt we embarked on exploring the many countries of the orient express.
My favourite area was 'Paris'
There was a jazz pianist, a casino
and, best of all, a chocolate fountain. It was delicious chocolate with strawberries, fruit, marshmellows, proffitta rolls, fudge, candies, it was great, if not a little messy...


The main room had the most fantastic band for most the evening that played brilliant and fun songs so well, after 2am this room became a Ceildh (scottish Barn dance), 'Venice' also had a good band and bubble machine. The outside lawn had miniture golf, fairground stalls and giant inflatable twister (not to be done in a skirt!!!) There was also Istanbul which was a more relaxing room with a massuse and chill out space.
We made it and most of us managed to stay awake tille the survivors photo at 4:30 am on the steps...in DAYLIGHT. This was followed by srawberries, croissant and champagne breakfast at 5am.

1 comment:
sounds like a great night! I would have loved to have been there, dancing, and eating the chocolate and even if I could make it drinking at 5 and eating the strawberrys! I can't wait to stay up with you late!
Post a Comment