Brown Sugar
Today an exciting thing happened. I went to Brown Sugar for lunch and coffee with Helen. Brown Sugar is very much OUR place, we frequent that spot if only to laugh at the cheeky waiter and his obnoxious waiter friend (who we HAVE come to like since giving them these nick names some time ago but somehow titles stick so they will forever be known to us as this) Whilst at Brown Sugar, Helen says to me "Amie I really wanted to get you a Brown Sugar mug but they don't sell them" so as we were paying the bill I asked.
"Do you ever sell the mugs?"
"No, people just put them in their hand bags" was the response...Oh!?!
Then he came and asked why I wanted a brown Sugar mug and I explained why and then HE GAVE ME ONE!!!!!!! I am SO excited!!! I know it might not seem like a big deal, but to me it is. I have had some of the best times in that place, sipping vanilla lattes (well actually rarely do we get vanilla lattes as it is a rare occurrence for them to have vanilla syrup but that's what we always try and order) I have loved sitting on the BIG couches for hours with Helen and putting the world to rights. One day we spent a whole day there studying for our end of year exam and for the first time, in the whole year, we understood what the heck the module was about (kinda) I also have great memories of take out coffee's from there, Helen and I would always turn up late to lectures BUT we had our Latte's in to-go cups in our hand so all was good. It's where we met our landlady, where we went before Rachaels baptism...so many good times! And now, wherever I am I can have (almost) a brown sugar coffee. Thanks so much Helen!!!
I think Helen has been writing about Brown Sugar too
2 comments:
im so going mug hunting now, just so i can sip (vanilla) latte's from my front room while on the phone to you XXX
I want the tea/cappucion ones next....we can build a collection, see if you can persuade Cheeky waiter!
Post a Comment