My favourite things-water
I thought I would share more about me by writing about some of my favourite things now and again.....
I love water, whether it's the ocean, a lake, river, stream, swimming pool hot tub or bath. At work we do water play which is so fun, often we put lots of bubble bath in the water and blow bubbles off our hands and they all go everywhere. We play with water every day and the kids always get it all over the floor, by the end of the afternoon the floor is soaked. However many times you roll their sleves up and put aprons on them they still get drenched but I guess that's the fun part.
When I was at bible school I loved waking up and looking out the window at the ocean, I loved early morning walks along the shore and walking down there after classes in the evening. In the summer I like to sit on the dock with my feet in the water and I really like swimming.
I learnt to swim with armbands when I was 4 in spain. I remember we were all there as a family and there was a tube of smarties in the fridge (one of my favourites) so I asked my brothers who's they were and my brothers friend Jill (who came with us) said that they belonged to a little girl who could swim. This made me sad because I really believed they had bought smarties for another little girl but when I learnt to swim they gave them to me which was exciting. I learnt to swim properly when I was 5 at the hotel at Disney Land LA. Going swimming with school was one of my favourite things and my Mum would take me to practise during the week. I really like water slides and wave pools and stuff.
When I was younger we went to this place in America which was kind of a camp and had a swing above a river where you could swing out then let go and land in the water.
I enjoy hot tubs!!!
I love having a bath!!! Our bathroom upstairs has a big old fashioned porcelain bath tub that I can lay down in. In the day I would have showers, a bath is an evening thing and I love it because that bathroom also has an old stained glass wingow which looks great when there are candles in there and it has got all steamed up with condensation. I think baths should be hot, hot enough that when you lift your arm out you can see the steam.
Our downstairs shower is pretty fun too because it's like being in a rain storm, there is a hand shower but also an overhead one which rains straight down from above.
I like rain, I don't like drizzle but I do like it when it really rains hard, the kind where you know whatever you do you'll get wet through so you might as well enjoy it. On rainy days we put wellington boots on the children at work so they can jump in the puddles.
5 comments:
HOT TUBBAS!
Oh you how could I forget your shrilling voice to call us out of Richard Dahlstroms hot tub, it rings thru my head still.
Try not to work too hard.
jeff
yey jumping in puddles! sent you an email XX
I love water too. I think one of my favourite things about water is swimming in rivers, I love swimming either against the current and working hard and then letting yourself float downstream again.
I could use a hot tub right now. I also love water, especially the ocean. Thanks so much for the gifts for the girls by the way. They love it. Especially cause it was from you.
Water is MY FAVORITE thing!! I have always wanted to live in a lighthouse or at least on the ocean. I have dreams of living in Newfoundland in some sea salt worn old house watching the waves crash against the rocks. When we came to see you and Andy on Thetis, I just stared mesmorized at the ocean as we sat on the dock of the ferry. I take the kids down to the lake almost daily just to be near the water. And (this beats all) when I was 11, I would pretend that I was a mermaid and swim to the bottom of the pool and imagine it was my home. Ok- that's weird. Anyways, water rocks.
Post a Comment