Saturday, 2 December 2006

A blog about shopping...if you don't care about shopping,, makeup, clothes and all things girlie and superficial look away now!!!!!

hmmm first pay cheque.......what to do, what to do, what to do????????

My Mum and I went Christmas shopping today (yay) our trip started with some sad news........the most wonderful toy store in the world (and the only big decent toy store around these parts) is closing down. This store is incredible, it is called Daisy and Tom and whilst having everything you would expect a toy shop to have...it also has lots of really unique things that you would never see anywhere, imported from all different places and the most gorgeous clothes and nursery equipment, a big children's book dept etc. It's in a beautiful old building with five huge floors and all kinds of fun things like a real old fashioned carousel for children to ride on. Daisy and Tom closes in January and I am sad because there are so many things in there that I always thought I would love to buy for my children someday and now I can't.

On the upside, however, they WERE having a closing down sale with everything 20% off so a whole lot of Christmas shopping got done in their today....Oh yeah!!!!

I love saving money which is why when we went to Kendals (the department store next door) and they gave me a card to get 10% off everything AND it was Clinique Bonus time I was made up. ALSO Clinique re-introduced the greatest make-up ever that they had stopped making and I had run out of!!! Does a shopping trip get any better??? Let me tell you, it does because in the ENHANCED Bonus gift Clinique gave me there is this really cool double ended stick with my Fave mascara on one end and my fave lip gloss on the other, perfect to fit in my hand bag, how exciting.

ANDY THEN I went into the French Connection outlet which is where all FC clothes go and are reduced by 75% and the first thing I saw when I walked in was a summer top I had wanted all last summer but couldn't afford and then wanted in the fall for a wedding but they had sold out but they had one, in my size, reduced by 80% oh happy day!

So the shopping is going great, the only down side is that all these places have totally sold out of Lego City stuff and I was hoping to use one of these discounts to buy a certain person a certain item from this range...sigh.

However, on the upside, we headed into the square which is filled with European market stalls (and crammed with people) the queue's were UNBELIEVABLE for the Brockwhurst (don't know how to spell in German) sausages, the roasted chestnut stand and the mulled wine stall and as we walked around the chesnut shells crunched under my boots. I found the perfect gift for my Dad which made the trip because my Father is so hard to buy for (and if you are reading this Dad, please stop denying this fact because it is true!!!) so with all that done we stopped for hot vanilla lattes and sat for a bit.

The trip continued to go well, I got a new coat which ALSO had 10% off and I figured, with this being my first pay cheque and all it was only right I made this essential purchase. Then a few more presents and then the time was running out on our parking ticket so it was time to come home and put our feet up.

I was excited to have got through to much of my Christmas shopping and to have got a discount on everything I bought today and I enjoyed spending time doing it all with my Mum.

The End.

5 comments:

Helen said...

aw vanilla lattes. i loved that blog it was so girly and exciting to read cos i know how it feels when shopping is that bargainess!! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had so much fun. I love shopping and saving money. I would love to see a pic of you in your new coat. Take care.

Antonia Jacobson geb Oehm said...

Oh Amie, oh Amie...Congrats to your first pay check...imagine that to be a great feeling...BUT I am heartbroken to tell you that the other "European shopping girl" (as in me) has still not fully recovered. I have started to enjoy going into shops more but I still dont buy things...NOT EVEN SOCKS!!!
Sad story...but saves me more money than getting all the great discounts (although yours WERE amazing ---beyond any doubt ):).
And that also means that you are well again...so maybe we will work out talking some time :). I will call you soon again:).

Anonymous said...

Hi my beautiful lill' sis...
We've just got wireless broadband (Whoa!) so we've just read your Blog. Sad about Daisy & Tom.
We're coming up this weekend so I hope you've not spent ALL you first pay cheque!

Andy Wouda said...

Its really tobad about the whole lego thing! Only a few more days till I see you! I miss you!!!