Tuesday, 26 December 2006

The days of Christmas

Well, Christmas has been so wonderful, is so wonderful. Right now 'The Ladies' (My Mum, her twin sister, my sister in law Beth, my Canadian cousin Debbie and myself) just got back from shopping and starbucks and my Dad, cousin Tony and Andy just left to go watch Manchester United play at Old Trafford. Meg, Joff, Hally, Aidan and Mattaeus are hanging out together upstairs and as my brother Nigel has his laptop out I thought I would grab mine and blog about the last few days.

Christmas Eve...
Nigel, Beth and kids went home, we went to the nativity at Church which was great then did some last minute food shopping. In the evening Andy and I went out on a date. We went to the Hard Rock cafe. I got an Appletini and got to keep the martini glass which is SO COOL. We went to watch 'The Holiday' which is a really good movie we both enjoyed a lot. We came home and wrapped LOTS of presents.


Christmas morning...
I woke up and opened some presents from my parents. I got a speaker for my ipod, some earings and some make up. I then went into wake up Andy with a stocking (I made) full of gifts. I loved watching him open the things I bought him so much. I had also prepared a surprise Christmas morning picnic so we went to the park and had a breakfast picnic sat on a blanket on a bench. We had melba toast with a bunch of special cheese, butter, smoked salmon, pear and vanilla confit, coffee, Champagne and orange juice and some luxury chocolates. We sat there for ages enjoying it and it was a very romantic way to start Christmas. We came home, showered, set the table, helped out. At lunch time My brother Mark, his wife Karina and their daughters Beth and Evie arrived and my Brother Adam, his wife Rachel and their children, Jacob, Emilia, Zach and Elijah all arrived, we had a big lunch which was great then unwrapped presents around the tree which took a few hours. There were so many wonderful presents for everyone under the tree. Everyone sat around and played the new electronic board game of Deal or no deal and Karina won.






Meanwhile my Auntie Sylvia, cousin Tony, his wife Debbie and their boys Aidan and Mattaeus drove up from Wales. Tony and his family live in Canada but have spent the last 3 months in Australia where they flew back from Christmas eve, they are now here for a few months which will be great, we are enjoying having them here for a couple of days. The house has been so full but so fun. NIgel Beth and the kids drove up this morning to visit for the day so we had a big, wonderful, breakfast together and are enjoying this day.

This evening about 20 of us are going to the pantomime, Cinderella is playing and I am so, so excited. It will be Andy's second pantomime and the Canadian cousins first which will make it extra fun.

So here is a brief run down of our very wonderful, very busy, very blessed big family Christmas and a few pics and stuff.

Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

K said...

Thanks for the update- late last night I emailed Andy a video everyone here made for him- to say Merry Christmas. Sounds like a wonderful time at your place! Have a great rest of your time together. Everyone here says hi!

Katita said...

Oh I love big family things together. Sounds like you're havign a wonderful time. And I'm with Rachael, the picnic idea was awesome!
Love you lots,
Kat

Nicola said...

Hey Amie! How are you doing? It sounds like you had a packed but amazing Christmas!!! Happy New Year!!! Did you do anything special? I stayed in and watched Jools Holland's hootenanny and had a glass of champers to toast in the new year! Have a prosperous New Year Amie! Love Nic xxx

Chelsea said...

Hey Beautiful! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I hope you are doing well! Miss you!

Chelsea xoxo