Tuesday, 5 December 2006

Miss-Mass Moo-Zic

Since December 1st when ever the Christmas music gets turned off in out room at pre-school the cries ring out "Miss-Mass Moo-Sic" Most of them can't say Christmas so they say "Miss Mas" and talk about "Fad-er Miss Mass" instead of Farther Christmas and I just think it's so cute.

I love Christmas Music so much, my collection grows all the time. In my first year at BIble school we had the Celine Christmas album and the FANTASTIC Point of Grace Christmas Album which we sang and sang and sang too (there are many, many hairbrush pictures.)

Last year at Uni my room-mate, Burbage and I spent hours listening to pretty much every Christmas song on iTunes and choosing our favorites, Ella Fitzgerald and Mariah Carey's Christmas albums had to be our faves.

Those of you who frequent my blog may remember the Mariah video playing and "all I want for Christmas is you" playing every time the page loaded.......maybe I should get some Christmas music on here again.

I LOVE Christmas carols but for now I'm going to skip those and make a list of my top twenty Christmas songs...

All I want for Christmas is you
- Mariah Carey
Jingle Bell Rock - Point of Grace
Who would imagine a king - Whitney Houston-preachers wife soundtrack
The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole (because it's traditional but I really like Martina McBride)
Winter wonderland - Harry Connick Jr
Have yourself a merry little Christmas - Diana Krall
Christmas Baby Please Come home
- Mariah Carey
River - Sarah McLachan
Let it snow, Let it Snow, Let is Snow - Michael Buble
Here comes Santa Clause - Elvis
Santa Clause is Coming to town (I like point of grace and Mariah)
Rockin around the Christmas tree - Brenda Lee
I've got my love to keep me warm - Dean Martin
Run Rudolph Run - Hanson
All I want for Christmas is You - LeAnn Rhymes (different song to the Mariah one)
Sleigh Ride - Diana Krall
I'll be home for Christmas - Bing Crosby
Jingle Bells - Frank Sinatra
I've got my love to keep me warm - Dean Martin
Rudolph the red nose reindeer - Dean Martin
Mistletoe and wine - Cliff Richard (because it just kinda has to make the list)
Oh Holy Night - Celine Dion (for memories sake)

I should be writing a top 50 because this hardly scratches the surface (and if you count it I may have gone a little over 20 anyway.......There is so much good stuff around!!!

4 comments:

Helen said...

aw that is so cute! relaly didnt understand your title for a second till i started reading, and then it all clicked! Brilliant.
Mehwy miss mass amie! XXX

Helen said...

o and check out the rudeboy blog!!! XXXXXX

Anonymous said...

hi amie,

i heard celine's christmas yesterday and totally thought of you immediately!!! so many happy hairbrush and makeup brush memories. ah boy. merry christmas!!

chelsea

Amie said...

I forgot...Last Christmas - George Michael...and a bunch of others