The day after tomorrow
So this first week home has been fairly busy but not quite as productive as I had hoped it might be as far as studying goes. I was very sick for a few days, sick, sick and sick some more when my Mum and I caught what Hally had, had. It has been nice to have a week or so at home though, lots of shopping and going for coffee with my Mum and I have had the car to myself to drive so that's been great.
So the day after tomorrow I go to Canada and I am very excited. Obviously, it goes without saying, that I can't wait to see Andy!!!! There are other things I am looking forward to a lot too. I'm looking forward to being in Canada again, when I am there I miss England and when I am here I miss Canada. I have a list of little Canadian things to buy (including Apple Cider for my friends at Uni) I can't wait to be on Thetis again. I have really missed the ocean. I can't wait to go for walks down the beach, in the forest, find my favorite logs and rocks to go sit on and read my bible. I'm looking forward to sneaking in on some lectures and hearing the Word taught, to meeting this years students. I am really excited to go to Kuper Island again, I can't wait to see the kids and teachers and just hang out with them and catch up in person on what's been happening. There are SO many people I am looking forward to seeing again, my roommates (Dallas, Sarah, Karin) different students I know, all the staff. There are also lots of new things that I'm looking forward to like seeing Summerland and in the Spring (which I hear is beautiful) and lots of new people I get to meet and get to know better like Andy's family and friends. Oh one other thing I am excited about is that I have a few hours in Amsterdam airport so I get to practice my Dutch and discover if I can be understood by real Dutch people or if my teachers Belgium accent has rubbed off on my too much (mixed in with my accent...it could get confusing.)
So lots will be going on, Lord willing, lots I am looking forward to...I'll try and keep you posted.
Amie x
2 comments:
I can't wait till you come, Your dutch will be great and you have a blast trying. get some cheese, its really good! can't wait to see you!
Have a safe and fun trip, see you on the weekend.
Post a Comment