Saturday, 4 March 2006

The Run



So this morning we did the charity 5krun for Sports Action in Zambia which supports a whole range of different organizations that work with AIDS orphans accross Zambia. We left early this morning and it was very cold.


I have to say I really didn't enjopy it. I like to run on paths, roads, up down hill etc. This was just a huge flat field that you ran through either sloppy mud or slippy ice. REALLY not my kind of running. I didn't realize how much harder it would be to run through mud than the kind of running we normally do because we normally run much futher. Oh well it's all over now, it was all for a good cause and we have medals.....very excited about the medals!!!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Congratulations Amie!! Sounds like hard work, but what a wonderful cause. You are going to put us all to shame this summer, you'll be dashing up to high-point and back before we even make it to the bottom of the hill! Keep it up!

Katita said...

amie i love your new look blog it's amazing! the photos of you and andy are so beautiful and i cant believe how amazing you guys are for all that running!
go girlies!
love ya x

Poetsch Family said...

Congratulations on finishing. That is so great. Good for you!!!