Thursday, 30 March 2006

Being at Capes

So I have been here a few days and oh me oh my have they flown by. I couldn't have imagined that I would love these days as much as I have. As i flew over here I was praying the Lord would use the time in various specific ways and he really has. I can not think of a minute that hasn't been well used. It has been so nice to just be here and be free to spend time with people and enjoy people with little responsibility. I have had nothing to plan and organise, just got to enjoy the moments, it's been great.
I have had jetlag more than ever before coming this way. This has meant that regardless of what time I have gone to bed I have been up VERY early. Even this has been a treat. I have loved sitting on a log on the beach, by the ocean and just reading my bible, looking out on the mountains as the sun rises on my face. It's been great.
Getting to spend time with friends has been wonderful, to just enjoy talking about the Lord and his goodness and realise jus how much I am learning all the time without even realising it. Hanging out with Dallas especially has been a joy.
So it has been great to catch up, lots of playing with the kids around here, Mary especially. I got to spend the day on Kuper yesterday which was so great, lots of encouraging and exciting things going on there, many stories to tell.
Spending time with Andy has been great, I have been treated to lots of amazing food and een FINALLY got my steak which was actually fabulous.
This overview doesn't even begin to do these few days justice but it give an idea for now. Heading out to Summerland tomorrow...fun times!

2 comments:

Kristine Brown said...

I'm sure the enjoyment you are having is shared all around and that many are being encouraged. Give big hugs for me. : )

Hannah said...

Oh Amie, so thrilled to hear what a great time you're having. I can't wait to get up early in the morning and go and sit on the beach too. What a privilige that Thetis is in our lives. Like Kristine said, I'm sure many are encouraged by your visit with them.