It's SNOWING!!!
This is the first time I have seen it really snow and stick in Durham!!! It looks beautiful, the cathedral is lit up, the sky is dark and the snow flakes sparkle in the moonlight. The last 3 winters I have had the chance to spend some time in Alberta and discover real snow.....Now I find it quite funny how excited people are here and that they are trying to have snowball fights and make snow angels and stuff when the truth is that the covering of snow is so thin you can still see the ground!!!
I wonder if it will keep snowing through the night, it is very cold! Tomorrow morning Annika and I are running in our first race. It's for AIDS orphans in Zambia and there are hundreds of people running. Today we got our race numbers and stuff so it's all quite exciting. It's cross country so it's all through muddy Fields and stuff......I'm not sure what it will be like running through that much snow and mud with hundreds of people.....It sounds quite fun!
Another exciting thing that happens tomorrow is Kids Camp starts. Kids camp it like a weekend retreat planned by a group of Mary's students for kids who are in care homes. Tonight I had lots of fun painting Jungle things because one of the activities tomorrow night is a big jungle themed party. Looks set to be a very fun (and pretty busy) weekend! I'll keep you posted!
1 comment:
You're running a race for AIDS orphans in Zambia?!?!?!?! Amie! Tell me more! Which organization? Which specific project? That's just awesome, I am proud of you! Go get 'em!
Post a Comment