Wednesday, 1 November 2006

A busy Place!

My world is a busy place right now and so I am choosing to write about the more incidental things on this blog. I have become a horrible blogger, the kind who keeps up with her reading but rarely writes and this is going to change.

The last few weeks have held all kinds of things and have been good. Many decisions have been made and I am really thankful for who the Lord has been in all of this.

Right now I am sat on my bed in Durham, writing a blog, in my running clothes, postponing going for a run in the very very cold wind. Tomorrow we are having a desert and games night here at the house so my task for today is to make some deserts (which is probably my favourite kind of food to make) So that looks set to be fun, I will have to charge my camera battery and make some space on my memory card so I can share some pics.

Since I last posted I have been home a lot of the time. I had some tests at hospital which were all clear and that was great news. My Dad came back from America, my Auntie came to stay, I spent time with my niece, my Mum had a week's holiday from school so that was fun to do things with her and with her twin sister. We went and visited my great Aunt and Uncle, we shopped!!!

We made an impromptu stop at Ikea one day and as we were walking in I got stopped and ended up on the radio. I went up on the stage and had to guess the price of things in the IKEA catalogue. I can't imagine a game I would be better at than a shopping one!!! So I won a voucher for IKEA which I then got to spend...very fun!!!

Another exciting thing was I got my first sewing machine and I am very, very excited. It is such a great little machine that does everything I could want it to, has a bunch of cool stitches to play with, is easy to use and works great...Plus it has some purple on it to jazz it up. It's the Janome6460QC if anyone out there knows anything about sewing machines. Anyway, at the moment I am embarking on something new to me and overwhelmed by the possibilities of what I COULD make...I don't know how much I actually WILL make but I keep thinking of things I could and that is fun. For a while now I have been working on a patchwork quilt and doing it all by hand so it might progress a little faster now I can do some things on the machine (I still like the idea of doing a lot by hand though.)

I should probably get going and stop procrastinating running. Like I said I am going to work on updating this more regularly so check back.

Amie
x

1 comment:

Poetsch Family said...

I am so glad you updated your blog. You have got to get my brother to blog. Congrats on winning a gift certificate from my favourite place. That must have been to much fun. Enjoy your deserts and I am looking forward to hearing what else you have been up to.