Monday, 27 March 2006

Hallo from de Nederlands

You know you Blog to much when you find yourself blogging on your holidays!!! Well I am currently in Amsterdam airport and I have to say I am a little dissapointed because EVERYTHING is in English, even the magazine and safty instructions on my KLM flight were English. One thing I have noticed through listening to people is that Dutch accents differ GREATLY. SOme people I can understand most of what they say and others I understand NOTHING. I can't place what accent is what but it's kind of confusing, I thought scoucers had strong accents before this.
I have managed to find a Dutch bakery and a Duty free Dutch Cheese shop so I am eyeing that up as my option for lunch, maybe I'll be hungry in an hour or two.
So things are going well, I have got to (litterally) rub shoulders with Celebrities. Ok well maybe the term celebrity is a little strong but kind of. The entire England Women's football (soccer) team were on my flight. The First team, under 21's and under 18's. Needless to say with all those players and their coaches there were A LOT of England tracksuits around me. It was pretty funny, I was sat between the first team captain and one of the trainers. They weren't especially talkative, they all had iPods and as soon as the flight took off out came their personal DVD players but still it was cool. The England women's team are doing really well at the moment on a world scale.
I looked really hard out the window but didn't see a single windmill or any tulips, I'll let them off for the tulips as it probably isn't the season but I am starting to think this country could be held up under the trade descriptions act for false advertising. The gift shops are full of windmills and clogs but I have yet to see either. I guess I am being a bit unfair though as I am only in the airport. I don't remember much about my last trip here when I was younger. I wish I had a few days to spend here because flying over even it looked pretty cool, the bridges and arcitecture all looked very Dutch (as did the clouds and feilds which is mostly what I saw)
So this is my trip so far. I am very excited to be in Canada later today.

4 comments:

Katita said...

ooh yeah i remember that about amsterdam airport! also i remember all the millions of security checks you have to go through, and when i went i was DESPERATE for the toilet and i had to stand about for ages walking through metal detectors and having the little machine thing swiped over you and being frisk searched but some big dutch woman.... (they did that to everyone not just me! lol)
yeah amsterdam airport... so many memories!

Hannah said...

Isn't travelling fun? I LOVE it. I really enjoyed reading this! Hope you had a scrumptious lunch!

Anonymous said...

great blog.

i love it. I absolutely love it

Rachelle

Anonymous said...

Ah Amie I miss you!! Reading your blog makes me smile so much. Good old Amsterdam airport... I vaguely remember sleeping on its floor after a 15hour flight from Ecuador! :-) I hope you're having a fantastic time out there - keep us updated please. God bless,
Annika xx