Sunday, 12 March 2006

Snowy Day

So this morning I got an e-mail from Andy telling me not to ware myself out too much with studying and make some time fore fun..."MAKE SOME TIME FOR FUN" I thought, "Does he have no idea how much work I have to do or how important it is, This is 40% of my grade, I don't have time for fun!!!" Well It turns out fun was just what I needed. Today it snowed!!! This is quite a rare phenomenon in England so every snow day should be grabbed with both hands!!! I went to Naomi's room "Wanna play in the snow?" Thankfully she was up for it and we set about constructing sledges out of cardboard, tape and shopping bags....

Meet Sledge-wick and Sledge-a-roo

Now any of you who know me know I have a bit of a soft spot for labels and sledges are no exception to this...these weren't just any sledges, they were "sponsored" by Selfridges...Oh Yeah!!!

So on our way out we knocked on some doors and rounded up some friends..
First Helen and Ffion came out to join the fun


Followed by Annika and Nicola

So here is my guide to sledging...
1) Obviously you need a very funky, very durable 'sledge'

2) Find some hills without sudden great drops at the bottom (unless you are a Mary's Boy)

3) So you start at the top of the hill with a little shuffle, a little wiggle and sometimes a bit of help


And if you are attempting to be the Jamacan Bobsleigh Team you might need a little more help that you expect...


Video Sharing at DropShots.com


4)Then work your way down in STYLE...we tried the lot, backwards, forwards, side by side, tower, slide, twist, spin, you name it, we tried it...





5)Try not to crash but if you must do it with grace...



If that's really not possible try to get back up with poise and dignity (those are the pics I can't post on the internet)

6)MOST importantly, whatever you do and however you do it...just look good



7) Always be ready for snowballs!!!


8 comments:

Helen said...

aww amie i love it! it's currently 2:21 in the morning (which is obviously why im on the computer - i can't sleep) but that bobsleigh video made me laugh so much! and that picture of us three looking rather....interesting that you said earlier absolutely cracked me up earlier aswell. Such fun, i loved it, thank you for dragging me away from my context essay (which is now finished - hurrah!) - most fun i've had in my whole life!! love you XX

Kristine Brown said...

The video is hilarious!! But I have to admit that the noise reminds me of chickens; yes, that is what I hear! I know I would sound the same way if I had been there. But chickens aside, what a fun time ... I feel motivated to go conquer our snowy hills, now. : )

Katita said...

wow those photos are so amazing! i love it! yay for sledging!
x x x

Ffi said...

Pretty soon Mary's Bobsleigh team will be rocking the winter olympics - Watch out Jamaica, the Mary's girls are on their way!....but I agree about the chicken noises - we may need to work on that! love ya lots my fellow chicken xxx

Nicola said...

Hey amie! The pictures are hilarious! I kind of ruined the start of your elegant desent down the turbulent mary's bobsleigh track lol by falling over and landing on your coat - hilarious! Excellent peformance by all on the mary's bobsleigh team, it is without a doubt you're headed for gold at the winter olympics! I think I'll have to watch the video again to hear the chicken sounds, I can't say I noticed any them first time round! Lots of love Nic xxx

Andy Wouda said...

Amie,

Looks like you can have a whole bunch of fun, with a couple os shoping bags, besides shoping... enjoy the snow while it last's

Andy Wouda said...

Amie,

Looks like you can have a whole bunch of fun, with a couple os shoping bags, besides shoping... enjoy the snow while it last's

Hannah said...

Amie you are inspiring! Because we have so much snow here, I hardly ever think of going out to play in it anymore (Especially since the "Christmas day breaking of my nose incident") But you have inspired me to go and get creative out there....you should be a Blue Peter presenter with those ingenious toboggans! Andy's right, I also am proud of you for enjoying shopping bags for purposes other than material consumerism ;) Love you!